Events

About us
Introduction
Mission

People

Our Events
Costa del Sol
Marbella

Participate
Contact us
Join
Conferences
EU Referendum

Find out more
Newsfeed
Videos
Links
Documents
Privacy


Costa del Sol Conservatives Abroad Events 2016
THIS PAGE IS BEING PREPARED FOR UPDATE
2016 Function Dates for your diaries...

BREXIT OR NOT

To stay or not to stay in the EU, that is the question to be decided at the forthcoming referendum on the 23rd June.

There is no doubt that the United Kingdom is approaching one of the biggest decisions to be faced in a lifetime. In the 1975 referendum over 67% voted for remaining in the EU (Common Market) and under 33% against on a 65% turnout. Spain was not a member at the time. If the opinion polls are to be believed the outcome will be considerably closer and on a much lower turnout.

The Conservative Party is split with a number of high profile members in the Brexit camp. In fairness David Cameron has allowed members to vote according to their conscience.

Ironically in the 1975 referendum it was Labour that was hopelessly split by 2 to 1 against. This time it is the turn of the Tories to be split.

On the subject of opinion polls it seems that a substantial number of voters are confused by the arguments and scare stories by both sides.

Many ex-pats now living in Spain are concerned as to how and whether a Brexit vote will affect their life and benefits here. Respecting both sides of the argument Conservatives Abroad have arranged an open meeting with speakers on both sides and there will also be an opportunity to ask questions. There is no doubt that very interesting times lie ahead.

It is not too late to register to vote in the referendum, details available on www.electorialcommission.org.uk

If a property is no longer owned in the UK and providing one has not lived abroad for more than 15 years, details can be obtained from the last constituency where there was entitlement to vote.

The meeting will be held at Tamisa Golf Hotel, Fuengirola on Wednesday 13 April at 1pm. Drinks and tapas will be provided. Admission is free.

Enquiries regarding the event and to book attendance please contact Judith on 628 193 260 or John on 639 197 165.

Hello Friends

We are at present arranging further events for 2016 and it is hoped a programme will be available shortly. Hope to see as many of you as possible.



Best wishes to all.



Christine Rowlands



Chairman Conservatives Abroad Costa del Sol

Other dates for your diary are: (Tba)